In 2018 a record number of 476 women ran for the US House of Representatives.
In 2020 women are once again shattering the glass ceiling by stepping up and running for office at unprecedented numbers.
According to the Center for American Women and Politics, 490 women have filed to run for the US House, and 14 states still have outstanding filing deadlines.
Let’s keep the momentum going and make sure that women are winning at unprecedented rates, too!
Do you want to be part of this glass ceiling breaking moment?
We have currently endorsed 18 women candidates for the November 2020 election.
- Sara Jacobs, US Congress 53rd District
- Toni Atkins, State Senate 39th District
- Elizabeth Lavertu, State Assembly 71st District
- Cottie Petrie-Norris, State Assembly 74th District
- Kate Schwartz, State Assembly 75th District
- Tasha Boerner-Horvath, State Assembly 76th District
- Sarah Davis, State Assembly 78th District
- Dr. Shirley Weber, State Assembly 79th District
- Lorena Gonzalez, State Assembly 80th District
- Nora Vargas, County Board of Supervisors District 1
- Olga Diaz, County Board of Supervisors District 3
- Barbara Bry, Mayor of the City of San Diego
- Mara Elliott, San Diego City Attorney
- Toni Duran, San Diego City Council District 3
- Marni Von Wilpert, San Diego City Council District 5
- Andrea Cardenas, Chula Vista City Council District 4
- LaWana Richmond, San Diego Unified School District District E
- Julie Schorr, Grossmont-Cuyamaca Governing Board Area 3
Take your support further and become a Run Women Run member. Members participate in political forums and vote on candidate endorsements, engage in the political campaigns of your favorite candidates, and learn about running for office and campaigns at professional trainings.
Or sign up to volunteer. RWR Volunteers help our endorsed candidates get elected by canvassing, phone banking, and more.