The Political Action Committee facilitates the endorsement process of qualified pro-choice women candidates who seek the endorsement and support of Run Women Run and its members and seeks to engage Run Women Run members in the political process. The objectives of the political action committee include:
- Evaluating candidates for public office and actively supporting those candidates who best promote Run Women Run’s mission.
- Evaluating ballot measures and advising the community of Run Women Run’s recommendations.
- Creating a questionnaire that reflects Run Women Run’s pro-choice mission, including detailed queries regarding support for legal, confidential, comprehensive reproductive healthcare and family-planning services.
- Holding primary and general election membership-wide endorsement meetings.
- Determining candidate eligibility criteria and endorsement meeting policy and procedure.
- Developing and implementing a plan to engage Run Women Run members to actively support the election of Run Women Run-qualified candidates for public office.
All candidates (male and female) are invited to complete a brief but comprehensive candidate questionnaire. However, please note that only female candidates are eligible to receive Run Women Run’s endorsement. Candidates will be invited to appear personally for an interview or forum. Final endorsement decisions will be made by a vote of Run Women Run’s current members.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the political action committee.
Jamie Quient and Kirsten Clemons, Co-Chairs
Kim Long Le