Run Women Run is governed by a nine-member board of directors, led by President Michelle Burton
Several active committees involve volunteers in planning and executing programs, candidate research and endorsement, membership and communications.
We welcome your involvement. If you’d like to get involved in a Run Women Run committee, please contact Run Women Run Director of Operations Kate Lyon at email@example.com.
Run Women Run is a nonpartisan organization that supports bringing qualified, pro-choice women to elected office. Candidates requesting Run Women Run’s endorsement must complete our questionnaire, which includes detailed queries regarding support for legal, confidential, comprehensive reproductive healthcare and family-planning services. Candidates are scored on their pro-choice positions and viability; qualified candidates are invited to participate in an endorsement meeting. Any Run Women Run member in good standing at least 30 days prior to the endorsement meeting is eligible to vote on our endorsements.
To request Run Women Run’s endorsement and questionnaire or for further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro Choice Criteria:
To be considered pro-choice, a candidate must at a minimum:
- Support the concept of reproductive rights as human rights;
- Support the terms of Roe v. Wade and oppose any attempt at the federal and state level to overturn or chip away at Roe;
- Support public funding of abortion services, prenatal care, family planning, emergency contraception, and other reproductive health care services for all individuals, including women in the military, who rely on the government for their healthcare services;
- Support the rights of minors to confidential family planning, abortion, prenatal care, and sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment services;
- Support comprehensive, age-appropriate, medically accurate sexuality and HIV/AIDS education in public schools that is free of bias based on race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation;
- Support requiring the provision of, or referral for, reproductive healthcare services by any healthcare entity that receives public funding for providing healthcare services;
- Support inclusion of all reproductive healthcare services, including abortion, in any healthcare reform plan;
- Support enactment of laws, and enforcement of existing laws, that protect reproductive healthcare providers, their staff and patients, and their families from the ongoing campaign of violence, intimidation, and harassment being waged against them.